Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Isn't it obvious?!
ok so I know we are trained again and again to help the elderly and disabled when in need that is the what good people do for courtesy. Nothing is ever mentioned about helping a mother when she is in need with her three children... that is obvious. So I understand I have three boys, its my choice to have kids and my choice to take them in Public. However, why is that when you are clearly in desire of some additional assistance even if just for a moment that help is not available yet, gasps, looks and snickers are plentiful.
The story goes as this....
I venture out into the world of movies with all boys in tow. We meet our friends out in front with the huge crowd of other families. We are purcahsing our kids combo. Which includes a lovely tray of popcorn and a small drink. Not a lot, but multiply that by three, and three kids 1 extra pop and two hands. Also keep in mind that this day is a movie days for moms/kids cheap tickets during the day. Therefore, the amount of offspring and adults is astounding. A crowd large enough to open three theatres.
As I comple the ordering, I direct my eldest boys with jobs to assist getting us from counter to ticket taker to theatre with as little problems as posibble. Therefore, I take out one pop give it to Kyan to hold only ( two hands 1 item fool proof right?). Jayden holds one popcorn tray. Then... as I am finishing the payment process I hear from a voice behind me, "uh oh" the women waiting notices that Jayden has just dropped the popcorn on the floor at the counter. I look at the mound of popcorn strewn about and make a comment to Jayden about this mess and then look to the server gal whose eyes have moved past me onto the next customer. We take what we can and try busily to finish it up as the 50 people waiting in line behind me are giving that look. I mention to the young girl behind the concessoion stand that we spilled, hoping that she would refill. Nope she says no worry and pushes me off. I still move onward to avoid a mauling from the line of mothers getting snacks for their kids. I trek onward balancing two kids trays,a pop and my toddlers hand as he screams in terror by the masses. I finally reach the ticket guy and BAM toddler crashes to the floor and bumps his head. "Shit" I say in my head as I am pushed while people walk by looking at me and seeing my child crying on floor laying flat, me leaning over to aid him, while keeping the pile of popcorn and drinks from faultering and my eye on the other wandering children. I manage to get him off the floor and walk him to the theatre. So I ask this..... as a bystander isn't it obvious that an extra hand would have been helpful to me at that moment? While I am attending to my toddlers screams of pain and balancing a tower of food could one person simply offer me a may I help you or let me get that popcron tower for you while you help your child? NO one could not.
Apparently in our society we are so accustomed to helping the elderly and disabled that a woman with her hands full is not a priority. Just for a second. But to all it is my own fault I did all that and why should we help? Your the dumbass that tried to do it all at once.
Point taken but does still mean no help at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment